top of page

Are you prepared for 1st January 2021?

9th November 2020

With fewer than 50 days remaining to the end of the Brexit transition period, now is the time to make sure you’re prepared for the changes taking place from 1st January 2021.

Here are the top actions you must take to continue trading after the transition period.

Get Export Health Certificates 

An Export Health Certificate (EHC) is an official document that confirms that your export meets the health requirements of the destination country. Contact us on 0330 111 9512 for help with submitting your EHCs and to understand the border checks on animals and animal products being exported. 

Ask us about the process for getting an EHC in order to continue to export your animals and animal products to the EU from the 1st January 2021. If you export animals and animal products to the EU, you will need to register with a new Export Health Certificates system in order to submit applications to continue trading - we can help you with this. 

Make sure your products meet new labelling rules 

The labelling of goods will change after the transition period. Check now with your EU importer how the EU’s new labelling requirements will affect your products. There is food labelling advice on

Register for the UK’s new Import of Products, Animals, Food an Feed System (IPAFFS) 

From January 2021, if you import animals and animal products, you will need to register for the new Import of Products, Animals, Food and Feed System to continue importing to the UK. Visit to complete this action

bottom of page